Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I'm Back! See Ya 2014

Why am I back?  I guess I kind of missed blogging and how it actually made me accountable in a way.  And honestly, our life has changed A LOT in the past couple of years and I want to document that.  Hopefully friends and family will find their way back.  If not, oh well.

This being my first blog in well over a year (almost two), I wanted to post some highlights and call it good.  So here it is:

Susan's 2014 Highlights (not in any particular order)
  • We bought another house.  We actually like this one.
  • As is the tradition with our last three moves, we moved in the pouring rain.   
  • I quit a job I liked (at the library)
  • I started a job I don't like (preschool teacher)
  • The two jobs overlapped for three insane months
  • Rose started Kindergarten, which has changed my life
  • I had surgery, which went well except for a bad recovery - all of which I fear has come "undone"
  • I caught the bird flu and missed Easter entirely
  • I got to sit just feet from the stage of a life-changing rock concert - The Black Keys
  • We bought a pet - a blue parakeet named "Cheerio".  He is adored and revered in our house.
So as you can see, some changes.  I have big plans for 2015.  Rock on!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!! i'm so excited to read your posts again! i miss you. hope all is going well over there! collette and i discussed coming out to have lunch with you sometime!

Jennifer said...

Nice to see you blogging again. :) I miss you!