Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fallaste!

It being spring, we have been extra busy around here. I feel like time is passing so quickly. Between homeschooling, selling the house, taking care of the ever-needy yard, weekly activities, church, birthdays, holidays, and well, just life in general, we are managing to stay busy. It's mostly all good, so I can't complain. We have some upcoming small weekend trips to look forward to, so that's all very exciting.

A Saturday hike at the Shaw Nature Reserve
Due to high tick volume, we wore hats the whole time and I made the mistake of telling William about how I got two ticks when I was a kid (in all the years of camping in East Texas, two ain't bad), so naturally in William fashion, he was obsessed with talking about ticks. He was sure he saw several, even some that could apparently fly. He was appalled at the people we saw not wearing hats.
Rose decided she was done walking half-way there - then there was the whole hike back! Ryan was a trooper; she was quite a load to carry.
We had a lovey Easter Sunday. William was so excited that our Easter Bunny had a heck of a time getting those eggs hidden! I'm thinking we're going to have to give him some Benadryl next year! But it was a success, barely. Claire managed to find three more eggs the following day. Our "front yard" Easter Bunny did a lousy job remembering where he hid those eggs. At least I didn't find them by running over them with the lawn mower like I did last year. Picking up tiny pieces of plastic and foil all over the yard is not fun when you're already worn out from mowing!

2 comments:

K Family said...

That hike looks like a lot of fun!

In regards to birthdays, Analise picked up a little present for Claire a few weeks ago. Can you email me your address? Thanks!

Sandy said...

Where did you go hiking? It looks like it was a nice place. How much does Rose weigh these days? I bet she really was quite a load to carry. I hope that William, and in fact, all of you came home "tick free!" Glad to hear that the Easter Bunny found you. A little child asked me if the Easter Bunny came to my house this year, and was pretty upset when I said he didn't come. She looked at me with deep suspicion after that --probably wondering what I had done to deserve such a punishment.