Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The start of summer

When it rains, it pours.  

We have had our hands full, as of late.  I, myself, have been ill the past week with a horrible case of strep throat, which all of the kids also have, but I was able to get them tested and medicated early.  So, it never got too bad.  But despite all of this, we keep moving on with our summer schedule.

The kids are now in "summer school", doing assignments three times a week.  They're good sports about it.  We did just take several weeks off to play and visit family.  Time to get back to the books.


So just a minute ago, I spouted off on here (with the help of a few choice words) about my feelings on home ownership. But with the help of my palm pad mouse thing (which I usually turn off) I somehow erased all of it.  But it was probably a good thing.  Try to keep things positive, right?

Right.

Moving on, I went to put some clothes away in the girls' closet and I was very startled to find this:  

So keep the antibiotics pumping, the newly reseeded grass a growin' (as is our water bill from all the $#!% sprinklers we're having to use), the home inspections a comin', and the new septic tank a stirrin'.  yippee.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Good luck with it all. You all feeling a bit better? Yeah, home ownership isn't going to happen to us again either. Next time I buy a home, I'm going to live there until I die. None of that resell, um, heck.

Sandy said...

I'm sorry you are sick. Hope you and the kids get feeling better soon! Strep throat is rotten!