Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's left of my yard

A week ago, we wrote a big check to have four guys come tear up our yard.  They did a thorough job, by the way.  But no longer do I open my door to the smell of septic.  Gone.  Zilch, and it's lovely (the smell being gone, not my yard).

The back yard.  
Yes, my patio is perched four feet above the rest of my yard

My side yard when they were almost done 
(they had already dug and recovered three trenches by this point)

The after picture; all ready for the weeds that will inevitably grow.

But in my front yard, my hydrangeas finally blossomed after years of nothing.  When I planted them, the blossoms were blue and now they're pink - my favorite flower color!
                           

Now Ryan and I are busily trying to reseed the yard and do anything to make it look better.  It's going to be a long process.  At least we don't have as much mowing to do!  Count your blessings, right?

No comments: