Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A little of everything

As this year winds up, we're just hunkering down and letting it wind.  I think in the past two weeks, I may have spent a total of two evenings at home (tonight being the 2nd).  Our lives have gone a little haywire lately and once I can get this ward Christmas party done with, I may finally be able to breath without a dark cloud hanging over my head.  I hope someone will enjoy this party because I certainly won't be!  

William has been home all week with a fever and will be home at least one more day.  Thankfully, Ryan will take the next two days off so I can finally finish our Christmas shopping kid/sick kid-free.  Rose is too observant to take shopping nowadays.  And about Christmas shopping, I'm breaking all of my Christmas gift giving rules this year.  I am not putting a single bow on any of the presents (they'll be lucky to get those stick-on gift tags), none of them are handmade, and there are several cheap plastic things purchased at Wal-Mart.  Nothing blog-worthy, for sure.

In the meantime, I'm listening to Christmas music with a vengeance, hoping it will drag us into the Christmas spirit.  We still have a few more days, so things could turn around.    

I think the two best Christmas presents of all will be having the Christmas party over, and if my neighbors would go a day without cooking a big pot of what smells like curried-onions.  The BEST present, I tell you.


Gotta love those 3M removable hooks


Fell asleep listing to Christmas music on the radio - I love the tassel between the toes. 


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Good to hear from you! Yes, December just gets crazy beyond belief - every year I think I will be more organized and more on top of things, and every year it just seems to get more out of control. One of my friends told me that she starts in August to prepare for Christmas. I'm sure that's a good idea --I just don't think I could actually make that happen. It would be nice though.....come December.

gwennythepooh said...

This is why I take December off from everything. I don't homeschool in December. We bake, we play video games, lots of vegging. I was way too busy the last few Christmases and I vowed never to do that again. I'm sure your Christmas party was beautiful. Maybe next year you guys can plan and organize things sooner. Miss you!