Sunday, January 20, 2013

Better than nothing

This past week, I drove to Illinois to spend some time with my friends.  It reminded me how much I miss them and how much I miss our weekly chats.  I have found that reading/writing a blog post does one of a couple of things for me: 
-keeps me updated with friends/family that I don't see often
-inspires me to improve my life/home/self
-makes me feel guilty for one reason or another
-helps others reconnect with my family

I have not blogged lately because:
-I have been doing a crappy job keeping up with friends/family lately
-I feel that if I don't have something great to share, I don't share anything at all
-I'm lazy
-I'm too busy

Is it possible to be busy and lazy at the same time?  I think so, because I am.

A few pics from our trip to TX for New Year




Remember that funk I said I was in, months ago?  Well I'm still in it, but I am determined to get out.  I don't have a plan yet, but I'm going to start somewhere.  I'll let you know how it goes!  Something is better than nothing.

2 comments:

Molly said...

We talked about getting together for a macrame weekend, remember? So, I looked up on a map at where is the halfway point between our two homes. Guess what? It's a tiny town in Kentucky. They probably wouldn't even have a craft store to buy yarn for the macrame. So, that's out. I'm in my funk too. We need to talk. We need to brainstorm some fabulous ideas, dahling!

Jennifer said...

It was really nice to see you this past week. And don't worry, I think everyone is in a funk about one thing or another right now. (I know I am.) I think part of it is the time of year. Personally I'm hoping Spring will improve my mood; hope it does the same for you. Put next month's project night on your calendar; we'll have to catch up. :)