Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Storage Room Part 1

This is very embarrassing, but I promised my sister that I was going to do this: pictures of my storage room as of this morning.  This room stores all of our tools, bikes, holiday stuff, extra clothes, camping stuff, food storage, craft/sewing stuff, outdoor toys, deep freezer, moving boxes, folding chairs and tables - basically all that used to be stored in our garage and attic of our old house (and anything I can't find a good place for in the rest of the house).  

To be fair, I haven't spent any time cleaning or organizing this room in a couple of months.  Our Christmas stuff is still piled up to be put away properly.  

Now why am I baring my unorganized soul here?  Well, this room makes me stressed out and even thinking about it makes me want to cry, and not in a good way.  I'm overwhelmed by it.  But I think that by getting it cleaned and orderly, I may be inspired to renew some projects.  So this blog will make me accountable for its progress.  It's already better since I took these pictures.  But here they are:

My work corner - the first thing you see when you come in the room 

Turning slightly to the right, my craft/office/sewing shelf, 
a corner of moving boxes and the camping shelf.

A little further to the right, the toy storage shelves, bins of I don't know what, and the last shelf has photos book, electronic/computer stuff, and files.

Turning all the way to the right, the back wall is lined with holiday boxes and extra clothes.  
Then the bikes, wagon, camping cots, etc.

And back to where we started - the door and deep freezer, covered in stuff.  
You can see the basement through the door.


So there you go.  I have a lot of work to do.  Seeing as how my mother-in-law is coming tomorrow, I may not be able to spend much more time in there for a little while, but I'll post my progress.  And, I don't plan on spending much if any money on this.  I'm not trying to turn this into a storage room from "Real Simple" magazine or anything - I don't plan on spending hundreds of dollars on color-coordinated boxes and fancy shelves.  This will be quite the challenge.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm pretty sure that's what most peoples' storage looks like. It's storage, after all, not your living room. :)

Sendingluv2u said...

May I just say that your room made me smile? It was like looking at a dirty little secret. I'm so glad you have one thing in your home that is not immaculate-it can make me feel good about myself. ;)

Donna said...

Everyone has a secret place in their house where things are stored, like the junk drawer in every kitchen.