Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Back in Business

I have been back for almost a week now, but I have neglected my blog and a few other things since then. I do have pictures to share, but they're not on this computer. So what, you are asking yourself, is the point of reading this blog entry? Frankly, I don't know. I guess I was just feeling guilty that I haven't written in so long and wanted to write something.

I did have a wonderful time in Virginia. Getting there was a headache, thanks to the Chicago weather. I was lucky enough to be able to spend time with a good friend from college and time with my sister and her family. My sister and I had a lot of fun together; only she can make me laugh so hard that I have to run to the bathroom to keep from wetting myself. We had a great time playing, watching movies, shopping, doing Mad Libs, cooking (a little), grilling steaks with drunks (don't ask) and other things. Her kids are so sweet and beautiful. The littlest two were always wanting to sit in my lap and cuddle (I was glad for it too, because it helped me when I was missing my two little ones).

My friend from college and I were able to spend a day in D.C. I hadn't been there since 8th grade, so it was like going for the first time. We enjoyed good weather (for the most part) and saw a lot of fun things. She was good enough to take me wherever I wanted to go. We had a great time catching up and hanging out.

Since my return, I have been busy with house stuff, work, keeping kids happy during snow-days and church stuff. There's always something waiting to be done. I'll be back later with some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, your trip sounded wonderful! I'm glad that you were able to get away and enjoy being with your sister and friend. I bet Washington DC was great! I'll be watching for the pictures. I'm glad that you are "back in business" so that I can keep on the news of you and your family. Love, Sandy