Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hello Again Friends!

Now that we are back into a schedule and life has calmed down (relatively), I hope to blog once again. For many months, I was either traveling, planning our travels, getting our home ready for potential buyers or just staying busy with the usual summer-start of school business.

I have put off many "homey" projects due to the fact that my main goal was keeping the house in tip top shape for buyers. But seeing as how our house seems to be going nowhere, I've decided to start up again with my many hobbies that I have begun to miss. But first, here's a quick catch-up on us:

  • Ryan completed his Ph.D. in July, making him a Dr. of Computational Biology
  • We spent a total of a month traveling to Texas and Oregon
  • I am no longer serving in the YWs group at our church, but have moved on to the womens group
  • We put the house up for sale, had a flurry of interest in the beginning, but it has tapered off as the economy tanks
  • The kids started school again - Claire in 4th and William in 1st
  • Ryan is now a post-doctorate fellow and will be for a little while yet
So that's about it, really, besides the normal day to day stuff. I have a lot of fun things to share, but will have to wait until tomorrow to add some pictures, as my external hard drive is in the other room. But we have had a lovely Hobbit Day today and I thank my sister Molly for informing of it - she always has something fun going on. See you again soon!

2 comments:

K Family said...

So good to see an update from you! Just yesterday Analise was asking about Claire. Glad to see that Ryan's done and things are going well with you.

Molly said...

How did you enjoy your seed cake, dahling? Was it divine?