Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Creating Linus


This Halloween, William wanted to be Linus from "Peanuts"; we're big fans of Charlie Brown. The costume seemed easy enough. All I had to do was find the shirt; but that proved to be harder than I thought to find just the right thing. So I ended up making the striped shirt. My friend Jennifer had the great idea of how to put the thin black stripes onto the red shirt and I must say - it turned out awesome and was really easy to do!

I used masking tape to create the lines that I would paint.
Painting with black fabric paint - I was worried the paint would bleed through the tape, but it didn't! Oh, and I put cardboard inside the shirt to protect the underside.
A view from the back - I ironed on letters so that people would be sure to know who he was.
Linus

This was a great costume because it was cheap (only had to buy a shirt - cheap at the craft store, fabric paint, and red socks) and easy. He loved wearing it because it was so comfortable; not much different from what he usually wears everyday. And the best part? He got to carry around his favorite blue blanket, just like Linus.

1 comment:

Molly said...

That is so clever! Linus, I mean, William looks great. You always do such cool things.