Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baptism and Nauvoo

This past week, we had some very special things take place in our family. Claire, now being eight, was baptized by her dad. We had both sets of grandparents participate in the program. Claire was sweet and very happy. I made it through the baptism and confirmation without tears, but the solo Claire sang was so simple and beautiful, I couldn't help but be moved to tears. What a special girl!!
After the busy weekend, we traveled to Nauvoo, IL with my in-laws and youngest sister-in-law. We had a lot of fun, despite a little bit of illness. I have tons of pictures and a lot of great ones of the whole family, but until I know how they feel about putting their picture on here, I will only include ones of my family.


Ryan and I before we attended the Nauvoo temple. We were able to do work for some of my ancestors. Very special experience.

William boy (when he was feeling better!)

Rose, being her busy self, in Carthage, IL

Claire with the statue of Joseph and Hyrum Smith in Carthage, where they were both killed.

Claire receiving her first set of scriptures

The family, after the baptism
We are so thankful to our family for all of the support and love given to us this past week. We couldn't have done it without you in many ways. How blessed we are!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Fantastic pictures. You all are looking very well. Claire is beautiful. They all are. It looks so green there, very nice.

Sandy said...

What a fun trip! Great memories!I'm ready to go again.