Monday, September 17, 2007

Book Worm

So I get to playgroup last Thursday, and a friend of mine brought a book that she had just finished and was wondering if anyone wanted to read it. I was up for it since I was currently looking for a fun, fast book. I took it home Thursday, thinking I would read it here and there over the next several days. Well, that didn't quite happen. I read a few pages Thursday afternoon thinking it was OK. But when I began reading again that evening - I was up until 3am. Ryan came looking for me around 2am and then again at 3am. I figured he wasn't sleeping well with me out here, so I went to bed and I'm glad I did. I had to teach Friday and I was very tired.

I finished the book Friday and had a day of "rest" on Saturday. I ended up having to work at a marching band festival during the afternoon with my band - they did very well and I was proud of them. I didn't stay for the next festival because Ryan had to chaperon a church dance and both of the kids weren't feeling well. So Ryan brings book 2 in the series home Sunday from my giving friend. I finished it this afternoon and I just got back from her house, picking up book three. I did spend the afternoon (after finishing book 2), cleaning and getting my house ready to paint before I picked up the third book.

But now that I have book three, I should warn you that I will be out of commission for the next day and half. I promise to be better about writing once I'm finished with these books. They are very good and a lot of fun to read. I think Ryan is cursing my friend under his breath for exposing me to these books - but I'm loving it! When life gets dull, discouraging, or a little depressing, there's nothing like a good book to take you out of your world and into another. If you're curious about the books I'm reading, drop me a comment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am that way when I find a book that really grabs my attention. I am curious --what is the name of the book series?

checapo said...

Sounds like a good book! What are you reading? Scott

Stephanie said...

Our plan is working! We will get everyone to read these fun books! Great timming to, just before Halloween for abook about Vampires and Wherwolves! Okay I am sure that I spelled both of those wrong but I am embracing my bad spelling. I am so excited for Stephanie Myer to have her next book published!