Monday, March 10, 2008

Down down baby!




For those of you who know my little Claire, you know that she is a thinker. Here is a close example of a conversation Claire and I had in the car today:

Claire: Mom, when you were a little girl, your name, Susan, didn't really fit you. It's the name of a grown-up lady.
Me: Really? Why is that?
Claire: It's just a silly name for a little girl, but it fits you now. I'm worried about my name. It's a good name for a little girl like me, but when I grow up, I don't think it will fit my body.

Where did she come up with this? I don't know. Claire then went on to say some cheers I can only assume one of her little friends from school learned in a cheerleading class or camp. This is the gist of it:

Down down baby, I can move my body.
Down down baby, I can call my mommy.
Down down baby, I can do karate.
To the left, to the left.
To the right, to the right.
etc....

Then there was the lemonade chant, which I will not include - it was equally silly.
So I asked Claire, where did she learn that? She replied that her best friend at school taught her and that I could apparently never learn it because it was too long and hard to remember. I asked her why it would be too hard...she begins to tell me, but decides not to. I fill in: because I'm not smart enough? Claire thinks for a minute and says, "No, I don't think that's it. I just haven't taught it too you yet." Oh, well excuse me! Funny girl.

I was working in the living room when I hear William yelling "I need get down!! I need get down!" It wasn't a call for help, just an informative call. I went into the dining room to find him standing on the kitchen table. He's never attempted to break the "no standing or climbing on the kitchen table rule" until now, but thought he would make it all right by informing me that he did indeed need to get down as he was breaking the rule. I told him to get down, which he promptly did (only to climb up a couple more times - each time yelling "I need get down!").

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh the joy of public school! I have had a few talks with Emma and Ethan about what is apropriate. And I am not sure if I spelled that right? Yes, eye did go two pblic scool!

Jennifer said...

What beautiful pictures!