Monday, March 31, 2008

Birthday Fun

We had a busy weekend - Claire had her birthday party on Saturday. From what I can tell, it was a success. We had the party at home in the backyard. The kids just played and played - we had a silly string fight as the big finale. Our yard was covered in silly string by the end; thankfully it dissolved in the rain. We had eight kids come, which was the perfect number. They were all friends from church and school. It was so wonderful to have a place in our home where we could have Claire's friends over. In the past, we have always been in small apartments or apartments that weren't very accessible.


Thankfully, my good friend Amy was at the party with her camera. She took some awesome pictures - to see a very cute one, click on her link "Playing House" on the right of my blog page.


A few weeks back, we went to Chuck E. Cheese with some friends. The kids really enjoyed themselves.

We had a nice, but stressful Easter Sunday. The kids loved hunting for eggs (while it was snowing) and eating candy. I've limited the amount of candy they receive - and it turns out that William didn't like the type of candy I bought anyway- it worked for me! Church was filled with all sorts of "exciting" events, leaving us stressed and upset when we left. We had dinner at our good friend Stephanie's home right after church. As usual with anything Stephanie cooks, it was delicious. We came home and I fell asleep for the evening (maybe trying to block out most of the events of the day). Good times!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you posted some pictures of Claire's party -- she has such a cute sense of humor as demonstrated by the fact that she wanted "a Silly Party" to celebrate her birthday. The Easter egg hunt looks like it was a hit too! Sandy

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I cannot believe she is 6 years old! What a big girl. It seems like just yesterday we were all eagerly awaiting her arrival! I love the picture of Ryan holding newborn Claire along the side. Oh, our BYU days were fun! Happy Birthday "Baby Bunny"!

The Trees said...

Happy Birthday Claire! Looks like it was a big success. Very cute pictures and wow, what an exciting weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Birgitte said...

her party looks like fun. I love the picture of the kids with the teeth. See you guys soon!