Monday, March 17, 2008

Silliness

I have been in a creative dry-spell lately: note the lack of interesting blog entries. So instead of waiting for some fabulous bout of creativity and inspiration, I'm just going to post a bunch of silly pictures from our daily life. So without further ado, here they are:


Claire got her feelings hurt, made this picture and hung it on her door.
That's Claire frowning in the middle. I think she was trying to evoke sympathy from us.

This photo didn't turn out, but the story behind it is that Claire was annoying Ryan with a balloon while he was trying to work in our bedroom. So he got upset with her and told her to leave. So she drew this and taped it to the bedroom door. That's Claire smiling and holding the balloon and Ryan saying "No Claire".

This is the first thing I see of William in the morning: bed-head, sucking his lip, holding his "bee" and asking for "qua-quit juice" (chocolate milk or hot chocolate - whichever we have).

A few weeks ago, we had a big snow storm. Well, the next morning, our yard was COVERED with deer tracks, and a raccoon had made an attempt at our trashcan. Well, the deer tracks led to my little bushes that I had planted last summer. The stupid, hungry deer ate half of each bush!! This is all that was left of one of them. Notice the stripped branch.

Ryan had bought me a birthday cake and we ate it a few days late. William was so excited about the cake that he stood on the chair, and did a little jig while shouting "Birthday cake! Yea!!"

I have successfully washed my shower liners in the washing machine in the past, but this one didn't make it. Ryan couldn't figure out what it was when I pulled it out of the washer.

Our trashcan that we C-clamp shut - yes, those are raccoon paw prints covering it.

Ryan putting Crisco on the post of the bird feeder. He was attempting to keep the squirrels off. They get up there and shovel out the bird seed, only eating the few types of seed they like. They can empty the seed from that thing onto the ground in minutes. The crisco did make it hard for the squirrel to get away when Ryan came after it with his air-soft gun, but it didn't work as well as hoped.

So there you are folks, a little silliness from our household. I hope you are all having a great day!

4 comments:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

This is the best post ever!;)

Molly said...

Great post! I love the shower curtian. When my oldest kid gets mad, he often draws pictures to try and make us feel sad that we made him feel bad. It is amusing and at the same time, infuriating. I also would have like to have seen William's boogie to your birthday.

The Trees said...

Wow! Claire is a surprizingly good artist and very expressive. So funny. Cute pictures and stories.

Anonymous said...

I love these little glimpses into your life. Really, what a fun life you have! Between Ryan, the kids, and the neighborhood critters, you never know what will happen next. Sandy