Friday, November 14, 2008

A 6-year-old's Take On Politics

I know, I know. The whole presidential election is long and gone (thank goodness, I don't think I could take one more: "I'm so and so, and I approve this message"). But I wanted to share a conversation we had at the dinner table with Claire the night before the election. She was telling us about how the kids at her school were going to vote for president. We asked who she was voting for and it went something like this...

Claire: Did you know that Obama loves basketball?
Ryan and I: No.
Claire: And do you know what his favorite food is?
Us: No, what?
Claire: Chili.
Ryan: So who are you going to vote for?
Claire: Obama.
Me being the cynical mom I am: ...naturally, seeing as how you don't like basketball or chili...

If it were only so simple...

2 comments:

Molly said...

Funny. I liked one president and I can't remember who it is anymore, because he didn't like broccoli either. It was George Bush, wasn't it? I don't know if I can support anyone who likes broccoli.

I just noticed the picture of Claire at the top. The girl has no teeth! Does she drink all of her meals? How does she talk and eat?

Unknown said...

If only politics were so easy...