Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby Rose

OK, I know you have all been waiting for me to post pictures of my sweet baby girl. As of last night, we once again have high-speed internet (it was just made available in our area last week). Ryan wanted to stay home and work today - but I knew that would mean that I wouldn't be able to use the computer, so I strongly encouraged him out the door this morning. I've been waiting months for this!



l



Baby Rose is the sweetest little girl. We are so glad she is finally here. She just fit right into our family - we knew she was supposed to come to us and I'm so blessed to have her. I promise to post more pictures later.

I just wanted to send out a thanks to all of my wonderful friends who have helped our family these past few weeks. Seeing as how we have no family in the state (or surrounding states), friends act as family for us. I've had numerous people bring over their baby equipment for us to borrow. My friends threw me a baby shower that was so much fun, it lasted until 2am! I received wonderful gifts and enough gift cards to allow me to buy a new stroller for the baby. Living downtown and pushing William and Claire in the stroller everywhere killed three strollers. So thanks to them, we are mobile again. THEN, I had friends willing to watch the kids when the baby came. My sweet friend Amy came over the other day and spent two hours taking pictures of Rose - you can see a few of them on her blog Playing House. The link is on the right side of my blog. They turned out absolutely beautiful! The day after I got home from the hospital, a couple of friends brought over lunch and stayed for a visit. I was going through withdrawals from them, so it was a wonderful treat (and a great sandwich!).

Now that my mother-in-law and mom are both gone, I'm on my own again. I'll dedicate another post to them later - they were irreplaceable help for me. So, knowing that I was on my own again, my friend Collette set up a few meals for us. So thanks to her, Gwen and Jennifer, our fridge is full of great leftovers that will keep up busy for several days. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

6 comments:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Oh! She is beautiful!!!! I am so excited to hear that she arrived and to see pictures! We LOVE the name (and are a little partial to the name Rose...). Congratulations!

kellyclay said...

Love the pictures of Rose and Yeah for High speed internet!!!! is it through AT&T

Jennifer said...

That picture of rose with her eyes wide open is amazing--way to go! Congrats to you and your family :)

Molly said...

So fun to see the pictures! She is so pretty and it looks like Claire and William love her.

JB said...

Guys, Congratulations. Rose is beautiful. What great pictures and a cute family. Congrats.

Martie said...

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely precious! Congratulations!! What happy times.

Martie
Mom to 9