Monday, November 17, 2008

exhausted

Can I just say that mothers have to be the most sleep-deprived people on the planet? Insomniacs having nothing on me. The longest I have slept consecutively in the past three months is four hours...and I've only done that once. I know there are others out there who are dealing with the same thing and this is for all of you.

Now imagine this...
  • new baby who eats ALL THE TIME +
  • other small children in the house that have figured out that when mom is feeding the baby, she can't get up and stop them from destroying the house or torturing the other siblings +
  • a husband with the stomach flu (the nasty kind that requires him is own bathroom that no one else is allowed into) +
  • mom now has an eye infection due to the lapse in her immune system as she tries to fight off a cold, (possibly the stomach flu if her luck holds out) and an ear infection none of which she can get medicine for due to her breastfeeding the cute little piggy... +
  • lots and LOTS of laundry +
  • loads of guilt because mom has not worked on any projects or done anything to get ready for the upcoming holiday season as she is barely managing the basic household duties +
  • all of the other junk that comes with having a school-aged kid, toddler and newborn (fundraisers, swimming lessons, girl scouts, homework, doctor appointments out the wazoo, etc)
= one EXHAUSTED parent!!!

As I always think at these times: it's a good thing they're so darn cute!





2 comments:

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Oh Susan! I think every mom feels the same way. I can't imagine 3 little ones, but I know it took several months for the "newborn fog" to clear after Ava Rose was born! Good luck... :) Nothing is harder then living with no sleep...

Jennifer said...

This post made me laugh, insomuch that I almost threw my face down on the keyboard and cried a little bit because right now it seems like we’re going through the same kinds of things (even though my baby is not so new). You know we had our saga of stomach flu a couple of weeks ago, then there was the ringworm, and Sunday Asher woke up with some kind of eye infection, and Malcolm came down with something that possibly could be strep…. Meanwhile my house is a DISASTER and right now I came downstairs to face the mountain of laundry that I just can’t get to go away no matter how hard I fight it.

All I’m saying is that I know how you feel. And you’re kids are adorable.

One more thing to mention….
I’m looking at your new blog banner… and studying the bouncy seat… and I think you have the cover on wrong. The metal frame should go through the blue pocket thing in the back. The other random flap of fabric used to be like a canopy thing, but I took the plastic piece out of it because it annoyed me. I just folded the canopy over and let it flop over the back.

Just a tip. Don’t want the girl falling out or anything and having to deal with your lawsuit.