Thursday, October 29, 2009

"I like bugs" sung in a really high, horrible voice

There is a kids show some of you may be familiar with, it's called Yo! Gabba Gabba. I'm not sure if I put the exclamation point in the right spot. Anyway, it's completely bizarre and ranks right up there with "Boo Bah" which if you haven't seen...the only way I can describe it is, Teletubbies on acid. What is going on over there in the UK? Anyway, back to Yo Gabba Gabba - the first episode I ever saw contained a song like no other called "I like bugs". Unfortunately, it easily got stuck in my head.

Well, that was two years ago and since then, I sing it to the kids, mostly to annoy them, making up new lyrics, etc. So this past week, I turned on the TV and lo and behold, that exact episode was on. Ryan had only heard me sing this song, so I had to prove to him that it does exist and it is just as weird as I sing it. Hearing the song, Rose immediately started doing her strange belly rocking. So here it is; and don't be surprised if you find yourself singing it tonight.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my heck... I'm dying over here!

Zach can NEVER see that show, by the way. I have the feeling he'd like it entirely too much.

Molly said...

That is so funny! I'm loving Rose's dance. Nothing is as weird as Boo Bah or however the heck you spell it. I can just see you singing that song to your kids is it one of your personal car radio tunes?

Angie said...

"Belly rocking?" In our family we call that "floor humping." So hilarious!
And my favorite song from the show is "outside voice, inside voice." In fact, I think those are the only lyrics to the song. SO necessary in our house!

kellyclay said...

That is just way to cute.

Thank you for sharing it! :)

Stephanie said...

Is this the show with the scary guy in the orange leotard and the fuzzy hat? If it is I will totaly agree on the acid comnent!