Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2012

So I don't know if any of you have seen the trailers for the movie "2012", but it's basically another "end of the world" movie where a John Cusack is outrunning a giant crevasse opening in the earth in a sports car and then later a helicopter. Then there have been TV documentaries on what could happen in 2012 and the ancient Mayan prophecies surrounding it, etc. Well, then I saw the preview for another show hosted by some sort of survival expert. This "expert" is going to show you how to survive in the event of "the end of the world".

Here's what I'm thinking, 2012 couldn't possibly be the year of "the end" because there is no way Heavenly Father is going to let Hollywood be right on something this big. THEN, if it's going to be like anything this movie predicts or anything like the scriptures predict (wars, cities falling into the ocean, earthquakes, etc.), there is no way you're going to learn everything you need to know to stay alive in some 1-hour-surviving-the-end-of-the-world-special on cable. I think our hour would be better spent reading the scriptures or evaluating our food storage. Call me crazy, but I think we're good at least through the year 2012.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Well, when the end of the world does come, Hollywood's going to be the first thing/place to go. I love the idea of an hour special on surviving the end of the world. What on Earth are they going to teach? What from the book of Revelation have they decided to protect us from?

Really, all I know is, when the end of the world does come, I don't want to be anywhere near California.

Amy said...

Well, Hollywood has never been right before... why start now?

kellyclay said...

I would have to agree with both Molly and Amy. and when the end does come I am hoping to be just ready to say bye bye earth and Hello to something much better. :)