Monday, July 26, 2010

Chaos

Our weekend was very busy, and very tiring. All day Friday was working on the yard/house/shed. Saturday was full of more painting, running errands, a birthday party, and Youth Conference. Sunday was the usual craziness that is supposed to be a day of rest. And here we are to Monday; weekend recovery day.

So I hinted in my last post that I was working on the scary corner of our yard. Well, Ryan and I did manage to paint the shed - though it turned out to be a much brighter green than on the paint sample. I considered just painting it white after putting on a coat of primer, but when I went outside the next morning, the sun reflecting off the crisp primed shed was absolutely blinding. So I went with the green after all. We finished Saturday night as rain clouds were rolling in. Thanks to three tarps and a lot of firewood to act as weights, we saved our paint job; though I'm convinced our neighbors think we're fools.

Next project: William's birthday this week.


Rose discovering the joy of ketchup

2 comments:

Molly said...

No one can complain about a neighbor using some tarps in the yard, especially when you have a wacko neighbor who welds his door shut everyday.

REDJONES said...

cute picture
ps My dad's yard sued to be worse!!
in so UT-there was spiders,sawdust,old junk, new junk
and over grown grape vines + weeds!Lauralee(kirk's sister & "Christensen cousin"