Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hello NY - not NYC that is


This past week, we had the pleasure of traveling to New York for a family reunion. All of my siblings and their families and my parents all flew in from various states for the occasion. We did more that I can possibly tell in one post, so I will share a little here and there. In a nutshell we saw/did:

-around town in Buffalo
-Niagara Falls
-The Hill Cumorah Pageant
-The Palmyra Temple
-The Hill Cumorah monument
-The printing press where the Book of Mormon was first published
-All of the Joseph Smith sites in Palmyra (log home, frame home, Sacred Grove, etc.)
-Erie Canal
-a day at Seneca Lake (one of the finger lakes)
-attended church with my Grandma in Pittsford and saw her home there
-had one fun-filled day with ALL of the family at my Aunt's home

I feel like I'm leaving something out - it was a busy 7 days!

The Smith Log Home

Maid of the Mist boat ride to see Niagara Falls



Some of the cousins hanging out by the Erie Canal in Palmyra

Unfortunately, I didn't take that many pictures. Most of my time was spent visiting with my family or keeping my kids under control! We had a lot of fun, but it is good to be home, even if Illinois tried to drown us with the humidity. Hopefully I'll get back into a schedule and will be blogging more frequently. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Molly said...

It was great fun to see you there!

Angie said...

That looks like so much fun! Next year I want to take a road trip around the US, and I definitely want to go to NY!

Kathy said...

It looks like you and your family had a great time. Say hello to your mom and dad. I think of them often and still miss them. You have a beautiful family!