Friday, March 4, 2011

Girls' Room Is (Almost) Done!

After thinking about it for ages, I finally decided on a paint color, theme, etc. for the girls' room. I was thinking something cottagey/homey/feminine here. So this is what I came up with:

Pre-painting, getting the room ready for priming (the green wall)
Wall primed by my Mia Maids, the paint going on. In the end I chose a very subtle shade of pink; I'm sorry for those of you who hate pink, but I'm a girly girl at heart and I always wanted a pink room.

Put back together. Claire picked out a blue theme for her bedding and I chose a pink Rose theme for Rose. Both bedding are quilts (bought, not made. One day...) Depending upon the light, you can't tell if the walls are pink or white.
For Christmas Claire was given this wall shelf, bedside table and lamp by my parents. But poor Claire can't put anything on the bottom two shelves because Rose would and has destroyed it. The flower picture hung in my room when I was a girl.
I don't have a good picture of Rose's side of the room, because I'm waiting on a few finishing touches. There is still a little work to do in the room (I want to change the fabric panel covering the closet, and Claire and I are going to make some hand-embroidered cushions for her bed) but all of the big stuff is done. I love how it turned out. Light, airy, feminine and cozy.

Now I have to repaint William's room.

What have I been up to since this project was completed a few weeks ago? Baking, lots of baking. I'm in the mood to make scrumptious little niblits to eat with herb tea or hot chocolate. Today is lemon shortbread with lemon icing.

Um...trying not to lose my mind as Ryan's graduation date keeps getting pushed back again and again. And the occasional cross stitching. I won't mention the endless amount of errands, housework, and church work.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very pretty! It's turning out great!

The Trees said...

I love its vintage charm and femininity.

Sendingluv2u said...

Yes, I definitely love the pink more than the green. BTW-I appreciate you and all the church work you do. :)