Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hiccups

Rose ready for a walk with Dad
(the puzzle pieces are in her backpack, but she insisted on carrying the empty puzzle box in her hand)
It seems to be getting darker earlier and earlier around here. I don't really mind it. I'm just grateful for portable heaters, fleece vests, wool socks and lap blankets. After living in places with cold winters for almost half my life, my preference scale is starting to tip towards places with cold winters over hot summers. Luckily here is St. Louis, we get the best of both worlds. But every time I go to Texas in the summer, I melt.
Life continues on as normal here, despite a few small hiccups (my antique spice rack falling off the wall - which was loaded with spices) or large hiccups (like my dryer kicking the bucket). But with good friends to help out, we just keep sailing through.
I would be lost without my friends.

2 comments:

sandy said...

I'm so glad that you are back blogging again! I always love to read what you and the family have been up to. The pictures are always priceless! You just have to love sweet little Rose! The Bakers table turned out great! Hooray for more elbow room.

Molly said...

Do you mean that awesome spice rack you got from Canton? We've got an extra dryer! Too bad we can't get it to you. Maybe we can strap it to the top of Hubby's car when he comes through St. Louis to see you.

It's not fair that he gets to see you more than I do. I need to complain to someone.