Friday, December 2, 2011

Toasty

Pictures of my baking center, as promised. I have plans to add some shelves on the wall above to store my baking supplies in jars, but it'll have to wait for awhile. And one day, when I get beautiful mixing bowls, etc, they will go on the shelves below. It takes time to know what I want there. I love love love having this extra working room. Such a blessing!

So I killed the toaster the other day. I dropped it. When I told Ryan, who was still in bed at the time, he asked "That's what I heard?!" I dropped it nice and hard; almost on Claire's feet.
Being toast people, I thought I had better get out there and get us a new toaster and quick! I wanted to get a better one, but when it came down to it, I got the exact same kind, even though I kind of hated our toaster. It had 10 settings, but if the dial accidentally was turned up to 3, a piece of charcoal would eventually pop out. Which made me think, what would happen at lets say, setting 6? An inferno? What about setting 10!? A mushroom cloud maybe?
Maybe I should have spent the extra $20 for the primo toaster (primo according to Target...) so I wouldn't have to babysit my toast anymore. But maybe, just maybe, the maker of my red chrome Oster toaster will have gotten the settings toned down sometime in the last 6 years since I bought the original. I did notice that this new red chrome Oster toaster only has 6 settings...
And that brings me to the movie, "The Brave Little Toaster". Any of you remember that? I loved watching it on TV as a kid, but when I checked it out from the library to watch with my kids, I found it to be really weird and disturbing. My kids didn't like it at all...so what was wrong with me when I was a kid?

3 comments:

Molly said...

Another very weird show (along with the freaky Canadian Boy with No Hair show) and I never understood why you liked it so much. The A/C in the little house was just disturbing and the magnet in the junk yard was downright frightening. Didn't they make a second movie with those characters? It seems like I remember a trailer about it and the toaster and whiney blankie go into space. It is where they belong.

Your work bench is very nice looking. You say you wish your home looked like the pictures in the Better (than your) Home and Gardens magazine, but your home really does look like it could come right out of the pages. It is beautiful and your kids are so gosh-darn cute! You need some beautiful crockery bowls for your shelves now. Enjoy baking!

Alise said...

I loved the little toaster too but my kids are not a fan. It is a bit weird. I like your new baking center!

Primary Female Caregiver said...

That's so funny! I've had my kids watch a number of old shows lately that I remember loving as a kid. With one exception (Looney Toons!), they hate them and think I'm crazy, and upon re-watching them, I have found them disturbing, confusing, and boring too! I've decided to blame my parents for my lack of judgment as a child. :)