Monday, July 9, 2007

Car Toubles

Before my sophomore year in college, my mom and dad bought me a little, used car. I needed to be able to drive to my student teaching assignments, etc. My car is a 1995 Chevy. It's been a good little car for the most part. I've had to pay for my fair share of repairs over the years. It's been broken into twice and the stereo was ripped off a few years ago. But it just keeps on living.

I want to drive to Texas next week and it's about a 10 hour drive from my house in Illinois. I'm going to spend some time with my family there. However, my car has been overheating when the AC is on and the car is idling. So, begrudgingly I took my car into the shop this morning. It's always scary to have your car repaired. Will it cost $100 or $1,000? What, am I kidding? When have I ever had a car repair for as little as $100? So I am sitting around the house today, waiting for "the call" from the repair shop with the results. I know having a car is a blessing and I couldn't live in my little suburban house without it, but owning a car is a big pain and a big expense. Wish me and my pocketbook good luck!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Good luck with the car. They are such wonderful things to have and such huge burdens at the same time. Can't wait to see you.

Molly said...

Oh, yeah, where did you get that quote? I don't recognize it.

SLC said...

Billy Madison

Birgitte said...

hey- how is the car? I heard you guys were given another car too? How's that one? Any luck w/ the speedometer?