Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Top Chef

I have been working on cutting fabric for three little dresses I'm sewing for my three nieces. So my stuff has been spread out on the living room floor for the past several hours - I've been pinning patterns and cutting fabric. While I was doing this, I watched a reality show on Bravo called "Top Chef". I was amazed at the dishes these people were able to come up with in a matter of minutes. I didn't know what 90% of the stuff they cooked was, but it looked and sounded impressive. So when I pulled out my leftover couscous and chicken to heat up for the kids tonight, I was feeling a little sad. Then I went on to make myself some peanut butter toast and food storage hot chocolate. It is clear that food is not my passion. Of all of my 'mom' jobs, cleaning the bathroom and making dinner are my two least favorite. I much rather be doing something else - anything if fact. My husband makes the comment that we never have to worry about getting fat in our family. I have to agree - I hate leftovers and try to only make enough to get us through that particular meal.

I love to watch Food Network and other cooking shows, but in the end, watching them is as far as my passion goes. Sorry kids, no seared salmon borchuto with Japanese cucumber in a balsamic truffle vinegar for you (I made one of those words up, like I said - I don't have a clue what it is these people are cooking). Instead you get a warmed up can of chicken soup with some Bisquick biscuits. Dig in!

No comments: