Saturday, October 6, 2007

Night Owl

So it's after midnight and I'm wide awake. I thought I would take this time to write a quick post. There are several reasons I'm awake right now: long, late nap, 16 oz Dr. Pepper and lots of chocolate. I can only blame myself. However I would not have needed that nap if William had been a good boy during the previous night instead of crawling in and out of my bed, whining, etc. So here I am, the house is dark, everyone is asleep, our eccentric neighbor is out working in his yard, and the toilet keeps running (don't you hate that??). I decided to quit trying sleep and to do a little online browsing. I have browsed IKEA (I'm looking for end tables for the living room), read a little news on CNN and checked my email since I didn't get a chance earlier today. After I'm done here, I think I'll curl up on the couch and watch some reruns on the TV.

Tonight we went to Target to pick up a few things. I love Target, but there isn't one anywhere near my house. There is a KMart fairly close, but it's incredibly trashy and most of the employees there seem lacking in the intelligence department. Don't get me wrong, they're friendly, but "off" somehow. So then the next closet place is Wal-Mart: a little less trashy, but always crowded, loud, and sometimes smelly. There always seem to be a lot of mothers yelling threats at their children as they try to get them to behave at midnight. Who in their right mind expects small children, after being in day care all day, to behave when their cranky parents drag them to Wal-Mart for a shopping trip at 10:30 at night? Screaming at them to get their "butts" over here is not the solution - try "bed" people or give them a break!! Anyhow, so then there's Target two cities over. I made the extra effort to go to my favorite store and it paid off big time. While we were walking up to the store, to my surprise and delight, there were two little girls calling out the sweet words "Girl Scout Cookies!!". Twelve dollars later, we are enjoying some Thin Mints and other cookie treats (enter the chocolate). We found everything we needed and more (enter the Dr. Pepper to wash down the Girl Scout cookies) and left in good spirits despite the kids running around the lighting isle with lamp shades on their heads. I think Ryan took a picture - I'll have to post it later.

Well, time to hit the couch, maybe with a box of cookies. I hope you all slept well and I hope I get to sleep soon; I have a lot to do tomorrow. Goodnight, or should I say good morning?!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My biggest complaint about our Kmart (after the employees) is the shopping cart situation. I’d say only 5% or so actually have that little plastic piece where the kid is supposed to sit. I’ve had to wade through the whole cart department just to find one I felt okay about putting my precious poopsie’s little buns on.