Monday, October 1, 2007

Lots to Share

Our family has had a busy few weeks. Ryan's parents flew in to help us paint some of the interior of our home. They were kind enough to purchase paint, prep and paint the living room, dining room, and kitchen. We could not have done it without their help - as it was, we barely got it done with their help. Previous owners mangled the walls by not removing old wallpaper glue and then doing who knows what to it so that paint would not stick to the wall!! It was truly amazing.

While they were here, we took trips to two historic towns in the area. One was called Mayestown and the other Lebanon.; both are beautiful and very old. It was wonderful having them here and it was sad to see them go. Who knows the next time we'll see them - we average about once a year - SAD!!

I had to get back into the swing of things today. I spent the entire morning doing laundry and ironing clothes. Then I spent the entire afternoon on the phone with insurance companies and paying bills. Then when Claire got home, we made a trip to Sam's Club for some much needed items (one of which was diapers - I forgot them and Ryan had to go back tonight). Then it was dinner, baths, a book and bed. No nap for either of them, so by 6pm, I had had enough of them. Some kids get grumpy when they get tired, mine get psycho. They were literally running around, screaming and running into each other; and that was just the beginning.

So now that the kids are asleep, the dishes are clean and Ryan is home, I'm going to call it a night. I have a ton of pictures to share (thanks to my mother-in-law), but Ryan updated our virus protection/firewall and now I can't upload photos or use my laptop. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

It was fun to see the photo's again and "relive" our fun visit with you, Ryan, and the kids.
We miss you all!