Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jumbo Bumbo


One of my resolutions this year was to learn how to knit. I made a goal of knitting two things, a scarf and a hat. When it comes to learning something new, my philosophy is: if it can be found in a book, I can learn it. So when I was at the craft store purchasing my first needles and ball of yarn, I bought a little pamphlet on how to knit. Well, that pamphlet didn't cut it. So I went out again and this time purchased an entire book on knitting, sure that that would be enough. I was able to knit myself a wooly scarf (the gray one) and was pretty proud of myself. But when it came to knitting something that required more than one kind of stitch, (the wavy scarf pictured), that's when the trouble started. It was pretty depressing when I was stumped and my Knitting for Dummies book couldn't help me. After a couple of false starts and some swearing under my breath, and I think I did throw the yarn and needles across the room at one point (I'm ashamed now...), I finally did it. Now I'm onto a little bag.

I have also been sewing here and there. I made these fannel pajama pants for Claire a while back. They were easy enough, but still time consuming.

A good friend of mine lent me some of her baby things now that her little one is done with them. I was excited to try out the Bumbo seat, seeing as how Rose was getting tired of having to lay back in her bouncy seat. Well, she likes it, but does get tired after a little while. When I first put her in, I could barely squeeze her fat little legs into the leg slots. Then William sat in it and his legs fit. So I decided to measure them. I got out my sewing measuring tape and measured Rose's thighs: 11 1/4 inches. Then I measured William: 11 1/2 inches. Whoa. That girl has some big thighs. But I wouldn't have it any other way!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I admire you -- when you put your mind to something you DO it! The PJ pants and scarves look great. I haven't knitted since I was a kid, I should give it a whirl again. I remember it being fun.

Rose must be the cutest baby in the world! She is just so adorable and chubby!

Anonymous said...

Man, you learned how to do the knitting thing so fast!!

And I love your little Rose.

gwennythepooh said...

Okay, LOVED the chubby baby in the seat. She is so darn cute!