Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today

A few little things from today: William loves to clean up and this evening, while he was picking up the living room, he cleared off the coffee table and I can't find any of it. I keep our latest magazines, TV guide, and kleenex box there. It's all nowhere to be found.

Claire is writing a book about herself and it's the cutest thing I've seen. I'll have to scan it another time and put it on here.

Desperate for something sweet, I opened two capri-sun like juices and as I was giving one to William, I told him to be careful and not squeeze the juice out and I went right on to set mine down, squeezing half of the juice out onto my sock. Maybe I should take my own advice.
I've decided that TV makes me a bad mom. I usually don't turn the tube on until the kids are in bed, but I couldn't miss the second half of "The Biggest Loser" that started at 7pm, so I had the kids ready for bed before then. For the next half hour, I ignored and asked them to leave me alone so that I could watch my dumb show. How retarded is that? We even did our scripture study during one commercial break and family prayer during another - lame.





I have also decided that I really like being 28. I am NOT ready to be 29 sometime over the weekend. 28 has been a good year for me.

One last thing: will I EVER understand Isaiah? I was happily reading along in 1 Nephi when all of the sudden, I didn't have a clue what was going on. What was happening here? I went back to the chapter summary and there it was..."see Isaiah 48" - well that would explain it. That was one course I wish I had been able to take at BYU - Understanding Isaiah.

It's been a good day: quiet, happy, nondescript, and normal - one that I will forget if I don't write it down.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you catch the first half of BL that aired on Tuesday night? What was with all the crying?!?

And by the way, no, I don't think you'll ever understand Isaiah, rest assured: you can join the club.

Molly said...

If you need to understand Isaiah, talk to Ian. He seems to know what is going on. I can't spell it without looking it up much less understand it.

Cute pictures of the kids!
And Happy Birthday!