Monday, February 23, 2009

Spinning

Like most kids, mine enjoy a good wrestle. I delegate most of the wrestling to Ryan - he's a natural, as I suspect are many dads. Moms are reserved for cuddling and dealing with owies, illness and tiredness. That's not to say that I don't enjoy pinning my kids to the floor and trying to "eat them".

It's once again Family Home Evening and I'm trying to decide what goody to bake up for our weekly treat. William wants brown cookies (???) and chocolate cookies. I'm thinking either the good ol' chocolate chip cookies or something called Ranger cookies (never made or had them, but they look yummy). After our lessons, scripture and pray, Ryan plays the song "A Young Man Prepared" out of the Children's Song Book and the kids march to the treat. The song sounds like a ripped-off version of the Superman theme song. I'm thinking this whole marching song is going to have a Pavlov effect for the rest of their life. They'll hear that song and start craving cookies. Oh well.

I had more planned for this post, but Rose is calling out for help. The swing isn't cutting it. The video is a representation of typical dad behavior. I watched on, thought it was funny, but never would have done it to my kid. William loved it, but then again, he's a boy.




4 comments:

The Trees said...

Holy Cow, that was some fast spinning! So Funny!

Jennifer said...

What a cute pic with William and his little mustache!

gwennythepooh said...

I'm sick and dizzy just from watching that! How fun!

Anonymous said...

That's my boy! Its a good thing Ryan has a son that actually enjoys all that spinning and rough-housing! I think the marching at FHE is tons of fun! Way to go!