Monday, February 9, 2009

Mischievous Man

I must say that as far as sibling rivalry goes, my kids are pretty good friends. There are those days when I have to put them in separate rooms for my own sanity, but for the most part, they play well together.

When Claire is in school, William does miss her, but only a little. He enjoys having the house (and toys) to himself. He is quite independent, case in point: he just came into the living room with a bowl of chocolate chips and offered me one before he had any. He had gotten into the bag, poured himself a bowl (not too many mind you, just the amount I would have given him had he asked) and put the chip clip back on the bag in the pantry. He's so sweet about his sneakiness that it's hard to get mad at him. I do enjoy the occasional chocolate chip, mind you.

He's so different from Claire, who would have never done that on her own. But that's William. He had a particularly mischievous day the other week. He decided to make his own breakfast (chocolate malt-o-meal) resulting in a ruined bowl and a smell that has been in the house literally for weeks (but I couldn't be mad at him because Ryan left William in charge without telling me - Ryan let me sleep in since I had been up with the baby, got Claire off to school, put Rose in her swing and left for work. Yes, a hungry 3-year-old was left in charge and I was sound asleep, thinking my husband was still home with the kids). Later that day, I found William sitting on the toilet, going through my wallet - I'm just glad he didn't drop anything. And then once again, I found him playing in Rose's crib (which he was not supposed to climb into because the side rail is somewhat broken thanks to Claire climbing on it when William was a baby and I prohibit the kids from standing on it so that hopefully it will make through perhaps one more baby).

He really is a sweet boy and from what I've witnessed and heard about from friends' and family's kids, he really does have a clean record. Love him!



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a funny pic of that kid on the pot! But I have to say what amuses me more is Ryan leaving the house and letting an infant and a toddler fend for themselves. Men!

Jennifer said...

Oh, I completely forgot that I was going to leave a comment about your FHE post. First of all, you guys all look so cute with your running around and your piano playing selves. And yes, other than the piano playing, that's usually what our FHEs look like. Oddly enough, not a whole lot like the wholesome family included in the Gospel Art Picture Kit.

And... what I'm going to say to you now is what I wouldn't say to just anyone, but here it is: Last night after a particularly hectic and FHE, I finally threw up my hands and said to my husband, "Honey, Just ONCE I'd like to have a Family Home Evening where we don't finish up the evening with me swearing!"

I think it was a very frustrating game of Chinese Checkers that was what finally threw me over the edge.

So, anyway. You win some and you lose some.

Unknown said...

It took me a moment, but is that William's microwave attempt? WOW. Does the microwave still stink of plastic? Great pictures of William.

Unknown said...

Ian is me, Molly. oops