Thursday, July 23, 2009

Berry Fun

While most Oregonians have had the experience of berry picking, I had never been. Nor have the kids. We went last week to a u-pick farm. After a couple of hours, we had pounds and pounds of amazing raspberries, blueberries, and boysenberries. The kids had a great time, as did I, I might add. I loved eating the warm berries right off the bush. I wish we had something comparable to this in Illinois. Though there is a u-pick farm near where we live, it can't compare with the huge numbers of berry farms or the quality of the berries.

We have enjoyed the berries in every way this past week.

Those berries from the grocery store will never taste the same after this. Oh well, until our next trip to Oregon.

1 comment:

Molly said...

It sounds like you are having so much fun and the looks like those berries are delish!