Monday, July 27, 2009

Vampires and Stuff

Yes, I went to Forks, Washington. It was not planned or the destination, but a stop along the way to the Olympic National Rain Forest. We had a family reunion up in Washington, on the Puget Sound. We spent three days doing everything. It was not in the plans to see the rain forest, but we were so close (2 hours away) and I really wanted to see it, as did Ryan. So my sweet father-in-law drove our little family and Ryan's brother joined us on a quick trip to the forest.

So where does Forks come in? And if you don't know why I keep talking about Forks, well then you haven't read the Twilight series. The book takes place in Forks and in the Olympic Rain Forest. That is NOT why I wanted to go there, but I have wanted to see the rain forest for a while now and Ryan had never been either. So, we went and Forks is on the way.

So being the nerd that I am, I had to take pictures there. I would probably never be there again, so I had to.

This is my vampire picture, I was running to get down the path for a shot and I came out as a blur.
I know, I know...but we had to

Moss hall

The pictures don't do it justice, it was so amazing.

I want to post more, but we're going to go watch some old family videos of Ryan being a weirdo. I figured that after 8 years of marriage, I can handle anything.

4 comments:

K Family said...

Ahhh, Forks. I have many memories. It was four and a half hours away by schoolbus, but since they were in our league, we headed out twice a year for our away games in volleyball and basketball. I remember one year in particular when they scheduled the volleyball and football games together: the volleyball game was nothing special, but the football game? The rain was coming down in buckets (y'know, like it does in a rain forest) and the football field was knee-deep in mud. I don't think it was very fun for the team, but for the people watching, it was pretty hilarious.

Jennifer said...

I wonder if someone keeps an eye on that sign and counts how many goobers do the vampire thing in front of it. You guys crack me up. (And I finally finished reading and then watching Twilight, so yes, I get the Forks references.)

Glad to see you posting--we miss you guys.

Stephanie said...

you guys make me laugh! Glad to hear you guys are having fun! we miss you.

Molly said...

You are such a nerd! The forest does look beautiful. I think I would enjoy walking along those trails.