Thursday, July 9, 2009

Picture Perfect...or a giant rip off

So I went to buy my kids a swimming pool today. We picked out a pool that has a slide and a water-shooting giraffe. On the box, there were like five kids playing happily in the pool with room to spare. Awesome, should be perfect for my two kids and the occasional friend. I looked at the measurements, but the numbers did't make a lot of sense without a tape measure to visualize it. So I bought it. I took it home, pulled out the pump and as the pool starts to take shape, I realized I have been totally ripped off! Claire's comment was, "this is a really little pool. What happened to the one on the box?" What indeed. There is barely enough room for both of my kids, let alone their friend. And the slide? Tiny and it doesn't hold their weight but falls over when they get on it.

So here is my thought. Either the pool-box-making people have a giant prop/photo pool they use just for the box that actually will hold a bunch of kids, or there was some serious photo-shopping going on. I'm guessing the second. They took pictures of kids playing in some regular sized pool, shrunk them down and photo-shopped them into my pool. So buyers beware; when you see that tiny blow-up pool for your baby that even looks small on the box, it will probably only hold a Barbie or your baby's feet.

After this one is popped (and I'm sure it will be by the end of the summer), next year I bring my tape measure with me to the store.

1 comment:

kellyclay said...

That totally stinks!!