Thursday, September 10, 2009

Criminal

I am in a desperate state right now - one that Ryan hates - I am purging my house of anything and everything that is stressful, unused or unloved in any way. I have suddenly become overwhelmed with my life and since I can't cut out Young Women's or Girl Scouts, I'm cutting out things in my house. I just gave a stack of denim that I was saving for some future project to my friend Amy who is currently using denim for one of her projects. I'm in full-blown closet-cleaning-mode. Nothing is safe from my wrath.

So as I was going through a purse that was headed for the Goodwill box, I looked through it just to make sure I hadn't left anything it it. Sure enough, I found:

-receipts from toys bought for Claire's 5th birthday
-$7 in cash
-a city recycling brochure
-an unpaid St. Louis parking ticket for $10

Yes, that's right. I'm one of those people who don't pay their parking tickets. Actually, when we lived downtown, the parking meter people are absolutely vicious and we received several parking tickets for expired meters - most by only minutes. We always paid them. This particular ticket was dated the day we moved from our loft downtown to Illinois. I had left 11 minutes lapse on the meter and I was probably so sick of the city by that point, that I stuck it in my purse and totally forgot about it. So hopefully nothing comes of it. I do have an Illinois license plate now, if that makes a difference. And I'm not a bit sorry; those meter people can go jump in the river...good riddance.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Well if you have any extra purging needs come over to my house and help me purge all the stuff that is in my house. There is so much that I don't need that I hold onto for some reason. Well even if you can't come over atleast your vibes usualy seep over to me and I will get rid of some things. Since our last phone call I have had the urge to go through my files and get rid of the stuff in there. Good luck with your purging!