Thursday, September 17, 2009

A moment for peace

Today was one of those days that when it's over, I come home, sit on the couch and not feel an ounce of guilt when I veg for two hours to mindless TV. I need at least two to three days before I can think of anything "Girl Scout-ish". Tomorrow my calendar is empty (except for the usual school stuff) - the first time all week. While there are those crazy, chaotic days; it makes me appreciate the days when I have nothing going on. Too much of one or the other is SO not good for my psyche. I try to mix up my week - a busy day, followed by a day at home to get some things done. It works well, when my schedule (and the kids') allow it.

Ways I like to spend my "off" time at home: knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, writing in my journal, looking through magazines, reading blogs, listening to music, watching a good movie while folding laundry or other sedentary chores, playing the piano, reading, doing crafts with the kids, to name a few.

I have a couple of posts I have been thinking about, but haven't had the time to put together; so maybe tomorrow is the day. I hope you all get some time to yourselves this weekend to regroup and refresh yourselves. What are some things you do when you have time to yourselves? Just curious what others like to do.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Umm, yeah, I do exactly the same things you do, with a few exceptions...

1. I have pretty much given up scrapbooking, as you know.
2. I can't play the piano.
3. I haven't written in my journal for years.
4. I try to avoid folding the laundry at all costs. I am willing to watch the movie, however.

I'm not usually alone. You know... ever. But I do like wandering the antique mall, the bookstore, or the fabric store. All dangerous, dangerous locations for me...