Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Falling Off the (very small) Bandwagon

Actually, it would be more like jumping off the bandwagon, screaming desperately to get off. This bandwagon to which I'm referring is using cloth diapers. I've been using them for several months with Rose, and I used them for a stretch of time with my other two kids. But with the consistency of Rose's poo, the smell and mess is just too much for me to be dealing with right now. I need to simplify my life right now and no matter what people say, cloth is a giant hassle and always will be no matter what new miracle diaper cover, etc, they come up with. My good friend Collette continues on and I salute her efforts...as for me, I'm done (at least for now). So I made a trip to Sam's Club and picked up a giant box of disposables. And I haven't looked back.

ready to be pack away

While writing this, I got a phone call from Collette, informing me that she just bought a pack of disposables diapers. We have been beaten into submission. No one survived this war.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I salute your efforts...but simple is nice! Well as nice as it can when it comes to diapers ;0)

Jennifer said...

Oh man I'm cracking up right now. And definitely not laughing AT you. Certainly WITH you. (And hooray for disposables!)

kellyclay said...

I agree simple is nice. for some reason doing cloth was so easy over the summer while the boys were gone. once they got home and they started adding to my laundry and all the running around I have to do the cloth diapers just became to overwhelming.