Tuesday, November 10, 2009

City Girl

After living in the downtown area for almost two years, the first night Ryan and I spent in our new home, we said something along these lines:

Wow, it's really quiet here.
Are any of our neighbors even home?
It's kind of creepy how there's no noise.
Seriously, are people actually living in these houses?

We had gotten so used to the continuous buzz of city life, that the utter silence gave us the creeps.

We spent the weekend in Chicago - we had a blast. I will have to say, having grown up in the suburbs, vacationed in the country, and lived in the city, I would have to say that deep down, I'm a city girl. I love the vibrancy, life and movement. There's always something going on, people to watch, things to do and places to explore.



The only problem with the city, is the money it takes to live there. I guess the occasional weekend will have to do for now!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Wow, it looks like a neat city. I hope you had fun in Chicagy.(talking in my finest Texan accent)
I hear you watched our brother's soccer team and they won! It must have been having you there. Now you'll have to go onto New York to watch them play so they will win again.

I can't decide if I'm a city girl or what. I'm not good for the country, but I've never really lived in the country. Right now I live in probably the smallest city I've ever lived in that is still a city. I like the size, I miss some of the store variety, though.

Angie said...

I hear you- I'm totally a city girl, too.