Wednesday, November 18, 2009

going around and around

So this was the beginnings of my attempt to knit in the round. I used a fourth needle to do the knitting. I started trying yesterday and ripped it out probably over ten times. I finally got the hang of it and when I went to switch to the circular needle, it all fell apart (not literally). So I will begin again tomorrow, for I ran out of time today. I am in serious need of a knitting mentor - I'm reaching the limit of my ability without help from a living person. Knitting for Dummies will only get this dummy so far.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are a way better knitter than I am, so I'm no help, but the best book for this that I've seen is called Knitting in Plain English. Maybe it can offer some help that the dummy experts can't?

Molly said...

I'm so impressed. Is there a nice lady in the ward who knits or perhaps a community college class? There has to be someone who can show you a few tips.

So, how's my knitted evening cape coming a long for Christmas? ;)

Angie said...

Hey- I've done that before! Except my little circle wasn't so little, which made it a lot easier, I'm sure. Best of luck to you!