Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snow Day Projects

So this is the second day this week school has been canceled. I usually don't mind it - we always stay busy with projects around the house. Monday, we made gingerbread cookies, I pieced a quilt, we worked on our Christmas puzzle, the kids and I watched fun movies, etc. It was a good day considering we were all trapped inside our little house. Oh and the kids went in and out of the snow a couple of times, resulting in a lot of snow on the kitchen floor, and gloves and hats everywhere you looked. It will truly be a wonderful day when all of the kids can get themselves ready to play in the snow by themselves!

Rose liked the cookies, but the icing was the best part


The project of choice today was finishing Christmas presents. Rose will be getting a nice baby doll from her grandparents for Christmas, and in the spirit of this gift, Claire and I have been busy making "gifts" for the baby. I made a small quilt, mattress and pillow to put inside a repainted cradle I bought at an antiques store. Claire and I stenciled a rose on the cradle today. I'm finishing embroidering the tiny pillow-case today and when it's all done, I'll post a picture.

I have to admit that every time I see the little cradle and bedding, it makes me giggle with delight! It all turned out SO cute!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm excited to see the finished product-- and how great that you got Claire involved. :)