Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

You know those movies/commercials where kids (or clueless husbands) attempt to make a meal or treat for mom and they end up destroying the kitchen? By the time they're done, it looks like every small appliance exploded and there are dishes everywhere. Well, I'm sad to say, that I myself am not the most graceful of cooks.

My kitchen mishaps however, usually involve dropping food-covered utensils, bags of flour, or dishes. I recently burned my eye and wrist when I somehow managed to splash boiling chicken broth all over me. I also recently (while helping my mom with the baking), dropped a new bag of flour all over the pantry floor, causing the bottom of the bag to break open. The kids and Ryan are frequently alarmed when they hear screaming coming from the kitchen as I have injured myself or splashed/broken something.

But while my Mom was here for Christmas, I think I've discovered where I get my kitchen clumsiness from:
Whoops, there's a hole in the flour bag (no, this is not the one I dropped)
A sweet potato mishap, by Mom again

I will tell you one thing, we laughed pretty hard.


No comments: