Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nests

On these cold days, when everyone is stuck in the house together, hour after hour, everyone tends to carve out little niches around the house for their own personal peace.

Wherever Rose is, she arranges her blankets, green bird friend (named "Friend'), snack, sippy cup and other various toys she's carrying around that day into what I call her nest. She'll sit there happily, watching a movie or what her two crazy siblings are up to. Sometimes her nest is in the middle of the living room floor, her room, behind the couch or in this case, in a laundry basket.

My nest is in my room, on the red love seat. It was moved into our room to make more space in the living room. I love having the couch in my room. With the sun shining in from the two windows, my music, books, and journal, I can sit there all day. What's not pictured here is the space heater, blowing directly onto the couch.
Claire's nest is on her bed, next to her little reading lamp. I can find her there, reading her many books or playing with her dolls. It really is a cozy little corner. (I will soon be painting that green wall a more appropriate girl room color - on my upcoming to do list)
The boys tend to migrate to wherever the action is. If I had my way, my house would be filled with niches, nooks and crannies! All with their own lamp, window and embroidered cushion, of course.

1 comment:

sandy said...

Everyone needs a nest or two. A cozy corner of the world to call their own. Rose looks so adorable in her laundry basket nest --I guess she has outgrown her sink-nest.