Tuesday, January 11, 2011

O Christmas Tree

I can't tell you how many blogs and magazines I saw last month picturing these giant, woodland beauties; filled with gorgeous homemade ornaments with a decorating theme/color scheme that made you want to cozy up next to a fire and look at the glory of these beautiful trees.

Now for those of you who do NOT have a tree like that, but instead had a 10 year old tree bought at Wal-Mart for $25, decorated and redecorated by tiny hands with ornaments that can only be described as art-projects-gone-wrong, with only half the light strands actually working, this is for you. This is what my tree looked like by Christmas day. Down to one and a half working stands of lights and a reconstructed base after it fell over the day after we put it up.

This has to make you feel better about your tree.

3 comments:

The Trees said...

That is so great Susan. Our live beauty was totally limp and lifeless by Christmas. Though I do recall only watering once. It was probably a firehazard.

Molly said...

That's one awesome tree, Susan! I'm getting you Christmas lights for your birthday.

Angie said...

Hilarious! I have had a light mishap in the past as well- got them all on the tree and a few days later some strands stopped working! I'm definitely too lazy to redo the lights, so instead I pulled some down and pulled some up and tried to fill the empty space.