Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tiny Clothes


For Christmas, Claire received this doll from her grandparents. My mother-in-law had made two precious dresses for her, but I did not have time to make anything. So I gave Claire some patterns for Christmas and told her that she could pick out which dress she wanted me to make and also the fabric. Of course Claire picked out one of the more difficult dresses. But I must say, even after spending a day and a half (off and on) sewing this dress, I enjoyed doing it and I love how it turned out. Claire did a fantastic job on her fabric choice. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the dress is a emerald green crepe.



Now I just have to finish the cream-colored organza shawl that goes with it. If I didn't enjoy making it so much, I would say next time, lets just pay the $30 and buy the dress!


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

REALLY pretty! Good job!

Molly said...

That's beautiful! You did a great job and Claire picked out the perfect fabric. Way to go!

Amy said...

Susan, that's amazing!