Monday, March 12, 2012

My Assistant

Most of the time, Rose does not like having her picture taken. But on this day, she insisted on being in every picture.

Though my husband and others may think me crazy for taking the trouble of painting a room blue when our house is up for sale, but I am very pleased that I finally did it. William has been living in a purple (OK, steely gray lavender) room for over a year, and I promised him I would "fix" it. I don't know what finally inspired me, but one day, I bought the paint and two days later, it was done.

I had a very hard time taking a picture that truly shows the color. William's room only gets direct sunlight for a few minutes at the end of the day, and this particular day, it was cloudy. But the color is "Oxford Blue" from Eddie Bauer bought at Lowes. Let me tell you one thing: I bought the paint that had the primer built it. It cost a little more and I was skeptical, but it worked beautifully! So easy and only took one coat.
Maybe I'll try to take another picture on a sunnier day with better lighting.

We've been up to a little bit of everything. As the weather warms, we just make more and more plans. We went to the park this morning to bask in the sun and warmth. Well, the kids didn't get hurt, but I did the minute I started playing with them. I managed to rip the skin off the side of my pinkie finger, making this very hard to type. So farewell for now!

But not before I share my favorite picture of the lot:

My beautiful spring bouquet - complete with Roses!!

6 comments:

The Trees said...

Wow, one coat. I really need to look into that stuff. Love your Roses ;)

Molly said...

You never cease to amaze me with your energy. I get tired thinking of all that you do. So glad your assistant was being photogenic. She is adorable. And while the one Rose is particularly pretty in the last picture, that flower arrangement is stunning!

Jennifer said...

I can sort of tell what the paint color looks like from the pics-- it looks great!

Kirsten C said...

Way to be a go- getter!

and your bouquet is lovely! Did I tell you I'm in floral design this semester? I just made an arrangement with the same flowers...beautiful

Kirsten C said...

Way to be a go- getter!

and your bouquet is lovely! Did I tell you I'm in floral design this semester? I just made an arrangement with the same flowers...beautiful

Kirsten C said...

Way to be a go- getter!

and your bouquet is lovely! Did I tell you I'm in floral design this semester? I just made an arrangement with the same flowers...beautiful