Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nauvoo

Yes, this post is about our weekend to Nauvoo from a few weeks ago.  But please don't close this window - I promise to make it as painless as possible.  I don't usually like to include pics of our vacations, because who likes that?  But I had a few thoughts I wanted to share.


We stayed in a restored log cabin taken from a settlement in Wyoming.  It was affordable and the kids loved it.  We stayed in one of the smallest cabins, but here you can only see half of it.  


Our cabin.  It was a little scary how much the kids loved this place.  They already picked out which cabin they want to stay in next time.  Locals - look into it if you have kids.  If it had just been Ryan and I, we would have chosen one of the nicer hotels, but this was great and fairly inexpensive (cheapest thing besides camping)!

It wouldn't be a proper post about Nauvoo without a pic of the temple - so beautiful, that temple.



Rose was calling out happily "I am hummus!!" Whatever that means.

We had a great time.  The weather was cool, but perfect with a coat.  William refused to wear his coat - in typical boy fashion - but didn't refuse when I put a corner of my blanket on his lap on the carriage ride.  Silly boy.  We're so lucky to live so close and the drive was gorgeous (we didn't take the "main" road there, if you can call it a main road).  Spring is a good time to go: it's not hot, there aren't many people, and the kids get plenty of attention and loving from all of the senior missionaries.  Good times!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Looks like a great trip. I love that log cabin! You guys look great.

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I know Claire and William particularly enjoyed the log cabin --for Claire I really think it was a dream come true since she loves "all things pioneer".