Friday, May 4, 2012

No spring in my Spring

For some unknown reason, I am unable to motivate myself to do my normal "spring" activities this year.  I have no plans to plant a garden (although it is subject to change), have done no sewing of summer dresses for my girls, and have done little spring cleaning.  So what have I been doing with myself?


  • Well today at about 1pm, my husband made the decision that he was indeed going to attend the father/son camp-out tonight.  So that meant I ran around like a mad woman this afternoon getting my boys ready to camp in soggy conditions with a high chance of rain.  Our camping supplies were getting sad - we didn't even have flashlights - so I had a little shopping to do, just for a lot of little things.
  • I have been studying D&C again and loving it.
  • I feel like I'm always going to the store for one thing or another that we all of the sudden need.
  • Attempting to not use the AC, except at night.  We're a bit clammy and sticky, but thank goodness for fans!
  • Looking forward to some upcoming trips!
  • Not looking forward to some upcoming major home repairs - yuck.
  • Wondering about these nasty orange carrot-like fungi that have been popping up in our mulch.  They smell horrid and look like giant nerf darts.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You know, it occurs to me that I have no idea whatsoever what supplies Tavis brought tonight. It's the one time a year that I step back and let the man be completely in charge of something, but I still always wonder how anyone goes anywhere without making a detailed and categorized list of supplies. (I did have to step in, though, when he told Malcolm not to bother bringing a jacket.) Anyway, hopefully my guys got along okay without having to bum stuff off their neighbors.