Monday, May 7, 2012

What the....

Let me preface by saying - please don't judge me or my family for this coming post.  After having Rose, I am a firm believer that kids have their own personalities whether we like it or not!!

As many of you know, the part of my three-year-old's brain that has to do with cursing, is over developed.  She has a talent of taking very normal words that we use on a regular basis, and organizing them in very naughty ways.  We don't cuss in our house, don't use condescening phrases, or crude language.  It only takes her hearing it once and she knows how to use it.  Rose has this amazing talent of saying very rude things that she's come up with all on her own.  For instance, this is what I've heard from her recently:

Shut up you little puke!

Buckle up, Trash!  (said to her brother when he was supposed to be buckling up)

She just called a lego man a "stupid puke" as I was writing this.

Kick my butt.

You're a jack***

You're evil! ("evil" is not said quite correctly, but we know what she means)

and a good helping of stupids, meanie, stinky, gross ,etc.


My goodness gracious.  My other two kids are nothing like this.  Nothing at all.  The other day, after hearing Rose curse someone with something highly inappropriate and scolding her, I said to Ryan "I am SO glad that we've never used bad language around her, because could you imagine what she would be like THEN?!!"

I just keep telling myself, she's only three.  She doesn't know any better.  Just do my best to help her NOT swear like a sailor when she grows up.


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Here hoping that she comes out with "sweet sayings" just as easily!

Erik said...

Sounds like Oscar from Corner Gas...